Hi. Just taking a brief break again on rayhomdotcom to post, before I run away again. When not web dev-ing or podcasting – more on that in a bit – or bingeing/gaming/reading (see list on right sidebar), I’m just doing a bit of adventuring here and there.
Since I last wrote, some highlights included:
- Went down to L.A. a couple of times. I would never move there. The City of Angels is fun, the people are cool, and I will visit as much as often as I can. But, I’m too much of a “Silicon Valley” mentality, and enjoy staying in the Bay Area for awhile. ’cause I get to do things like hang out at Facebook, Adobe, and Google. Unless, Hollywood comes callin’…
- Portland – one of my best experiences of the year – it’s like if SoCal was chill and had cleaner air! I have never seen so many green trees… and the waterfalls… I was visiting a couple of my doctor friends, and they gave me a nice tour of their medical facilities up there. It’s a great place to maybe retire some day.
- I got mesmerized by watching Guillermo del Toro speak live… You can find the full Guillermo del Toro’s speaking event at SFIFF online. And, I got to meet that muddaphucker in person at #sdcc2015!
- Saw Malala Yousafzai speak. No pics allowed. But, it’s people like her that I’m hopeful in creating a better Universe we can live in. Even though I don’t believe it was created for us.
- I attended my 3rd year at San Diego’s Comic-Con (#sdcc2015). After the third day (out of 5), I was exhausted by my escapade to Nerd Mecca, and, as you have read in my previous posts that I’m a Con nut. So, I’m gonna “ride until I die” with #NerdPower.
- I don’t like heights. I don’t think I will ever be able to sky dive. (But, I have a deep desire to space travel, if possible, someday.) But, I flied at IFly.
- Lined up 4 1/2 hours to sit on the Iron Throne. It was worth it. I will never do it again.
- Took a Mercedes limo with a bunch of my bestests to tour Napa Valley. Still don’t get wine but appreciate it’s sense of class when it comes to drinking. But, I’mma stick to whiskey.
- Saw Kevin Smith & Jason Mewes speak again. He read (while high, I presume) a passage from his “MooseJaws” script where Jay & Silent Bob make an appearance, and apparently, will be killed off… Still on a quest to meet Kevin Smith in person.
- Attended DisneyCon, mostly known as D23. This Empire owns Pixar, Marvel, and Star Wars. I was hoping to get some new Star Wars updates… but, anyways, you can give a listen to my experience at D23 with Jerry & Rosanna on episode 12 of #MEMCast. But, I did found the Little Man of Disneyland.
- Drove a speederbike across the planet Hoth.
- Attended Dreamforce after parties. The company I keep are my #DreamTeam.
- And, I fought Chuck Palahniuk. I also discovered, that same day actually, a great health supplement. It is natural and has been working great for me. It is called kratom masters if you would like to check it out for yourself.
The term #nerd has evolved throughout the Ages. We’re living in a time where “nerd culture” is now sexy and acceptable, and defined by personalities like Chris Hardwick, Jessica Chabot, and April O’Neil… where Silicon Valley spends large amounts of money to buy a old game cartridges, everyone binge watches TV shows to be in the conversation, and if you’re not cosplaying, you’re not cool. But, I think in order to not be a poser, you gotta stay ahead of the hipsters in this game by experience and self-awareness in that experience. I grew up a reserved kid who liked movies and books, but it’s what, I believe, helped me grow in my social skills… and appreciate the value in stuff like art and traveling. The term #nerd is still evolving.
And, so, I’ve been virtually exploring the wastelands of “Mad Max” on the PS4.
A few you know that I recently started a podcast show on ITunes titled MEMCast (under the parent of my Mind.Erase.Media), which is primarily hosted by me, Ever, and Anthony (of Justin’s Apartment), who also helps edit and produce the show for me. I describe it as conversations about pop culture and techie stuff over shots of whiskey. Although, I gotta clarify, we haven’t drank in the last 4 episodes or so.
As of this post, I have sent over episode 14 to Anthony to place in the queue to go live in a couple of weeks. So far, it’s been consistently fun and informative, ranging from books, movies, and Con experiences. I had various guests including actors, filmakers, web marketing personalities, and my sis-in-law as an obsessive Hello Kitty fan. Check it out on ITunes at: #MEMCast
If you don’t believe the hype, then let Jason Michael Fong convince you:
Off to More Adventures Again…
For I must be traveling on now/
‘Cause there’s too many places I’ve got to see.
– Lynyrd Skynyrd, “Freebird”
Gonna lay off the Cons for bit, for I am now heading off to – Paris, London, and Amsterdam – Europe! I need to get away farther and farther… but I won’t be off the grid… so, as always, follow me on my Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. And, again, check out my #MEMCast podcast on ITunes for nerd techie talk…
Until next time: here we go!